Over the last 6 years, Lila Luxx & KTB have coached dozens of gorgeous women into flattering, stunning poses at their Pinup Perfection Experiences and are sharing a few tips and tricks they've learnt along the way to help you feel more confident in front of the camera.
Of course, there are exceptions to every rule, but they hope that the below contains some pointers to get you started!
Hello Bombshells! Lila here. Let's dive right in and talk posing! Everything I mention below is a general guide and, of course, rules are made to be broken, but I hope these pointers will start you on your own pinup posing journey!
Here's our first example:
Just as KTB has elegantly marked the top corner of this image with a pink strike-through, I wouldn't pick this image, even though I'm clearly having a great time. What's going wrong here?
* My head is too far back, so you're seeing a lot of the underside of my chin in an unflattering way.
* My eyes are closed like I'm having a nap!
* My arms are pressed in, making my arms look bigger and hiding the shape of my body.
* My hands are laid flat, which looks a bit awkward and unnatural.
* My feet are turned in and flat on the ground, making my legs look short.
How can we fix these things for a more flattering image?
Easy, right? Here's another example of cute, but not quite cheesecake:
So in this image, you can start to see some of the less flattering elements from the previous photo appearing again - flat, inverted feet, flat hands, arms squished in against the body. There's a couple more reasons why I might not pick this one:
* Shoulders lifted high and squished in, making me look uptight! (Ok, we know I am, but I don't want to LOOK that way!)
* Shoulders slumped forward which makes the body appear short.
* Chin too far down so that the neck isn't visible - again, we want to look like a long, elegant giraffe!
* A big smile is great, but my eyes are a little closed so some of the expression is lost.
* My hand has disappeared into my hair which just looks a bit odd.
How to troubleshoot this one?
So there you have it! Some quick posing points to help you look more flattering and feel more comfortable in front of the camera.
Of course, if you are at our Pinup Perfection Experience, the Bombshells team will be on hand to help you with all of this every step of the way so you don't have to remember a thing!
Happy posing Bombshells!
xoxo Lila Luxx
with consultation, imagery and photos by the always wonderful KTB